The Cardinals return to Busch Stadium for the shortest and second-to-last homestand of the regular season – a three-game set with the Houston Astros. The homestand is highlighted by the final Ice Mountain Autograph Night, Career Day, and the Johnny Venus benefit concert with members of national recording artists Greek Fire, Story of the Year and Cavo.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 — Cardinals vs. Houston Astros (7:15 p.m.)
- Story of the Year, Cavo and Greek Fire Perform at Busch: 105.7 The Point and the St. Louis Cardinals have teamed up to host Johnny Venus Night at the Ballpark to benefit Johnny Venus - drummer for the band Greek Fire who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. See the Cards take on the Astros, and get there early to see members of national recording artists and homegrown talent Greek Fire, Story of the Year and Cavo perform a special live acoustic jam session in Ford Plaza from 5:30 - 6:45 p.m. Tickets are only $20 and ALL proceeds from tickets sales benefit the local Leukemia Foundation, research for treatment and Johnny's recovery. For more info, visit cardinals.com/HelpJohnnyVenus.
- Matt Holliday Nominated for Roberto Clemente Award: In a ceremony prior to the game, the Cardinals will recognize left fielder Matt Holliday as their nomination for the 2012 Roberto Clemente Award. The Roberto Clemente Award is given annually to a player who demonstrates the values Clemente displayed in his commitment to community and understanding the value of helping others. Each club nominates a player in September. The winner is selected from 30 nominees during the World Series.
- Getting Defensive: Robert Quinn, Defensive End for the St. Louis Rams, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game.
- Cardinals Care Stadium Auction: Fans have the unique opportunity to bid on exclusive autographed Cardinals memorabilia at the game. The auction is a great way for fans and collectors alike to obtain specialty Cardinals items while helping support the programs that Cardinals Care provides to youth in the community. The auction tables will be located at Gate 3, on the first baseline concourse, Cardinals Club, Redbird Club and in section 452 of the Terrace level.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 — Cardinals vs. Houston Astros (7:15 p.m.)
- Ice Mountain Autograph Night: Fans, ages 20 and under, can get autographs from current players before the game from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. From 6:30 p.m. to 7:15, all fans can get autographs from Cardinals alumni.
- College Night at Busch: School is back in session and so are Cardinals College Nights. Students can join fellow classmates and faculty as the Cardinals honor local colleges and universities at Busch Stadium with special discounted tickets. Right/Left Field Loge tickets are priced at just $10 and may be purchased online at cardinals.com/college or with a Student ID at the Box Office windows before the game. An additional college night game is scheduled for October 2nd.
- Cardinals Care Grant Ceremony: Prior to gates opening, Cardinals Care will award over $148,000 to 66 area non-profits that support kids during their Summer Grant Ceremony. Cardinals’ players, executives and Fredbird will all take part in the afternoon event which begins at 3:00 p.m. Guests & Media are asked to check-in beginning at 2:15 p.m. at Gate Three, located on the third-base side of Busch Stadium.
Thursday, September 20, 2012 — Cardinals vs. Houston Astros (12:45 p.m.)
- Walgreens Salute to Seniors Day: Fans, ages 55 and older, receive an exclusive discount of Lower Right/Left Field Box tickets for only $20! Each ticket includes entry to the Walgreens Salute to Seniors breakfast reception beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the stadium with music, prizes and appearances by Cardinals alumni. Visit cardinals.com/seniors.
- Career Day: Join the Cardinals for the 8th Annual Career Day at Busch Stadium. For only $15, fans receive a Left Field Pavilion ticket to the Cards vs. Astros game, plus access to a pre-game Q & A Panel Discussion with members of the St. Louis Cardinals Front Office. Also included in the ticket price is a free hotdog, soda, and chip coupon and access to a college fair. Visit cardinals.com/careerday for more details.
- Charity Haircuts in the Plaza sponsored by Great Clips: During the game, fans can root on their team and shape up their roots with a visit to Ford Plaza for Great Clips’ Charity Haircuts. For a $10 donation, Great Clips- who is sponsoring the event every weekday afternoon game during the season - will cut your hair and donate all proceeds to Cardinals Care.
- Beer Responsible: In conjunction with Global Beer Responsible Day, more than 300 Anheuser-Busch employees and their families will be at today’s game. Following the 3rd inning, the people of A-B will unveil a giant Budweiser flashcard display to promote the use of designated drivers to fans at the game, and viewers watching the broadcast.
More Fan Fun
Greek Night at Busch
The Cardinals invite local fraternities and sororities to Greek Night at Busch Stadium on Friday, September 28th. Right Field Loge tickets are just $15 and come with an exclusive Cardinals Sunglass Strap that will be distributed during the game. Visit cardinals.com/greek to purchase tickets.
Stitch N' Pitch Day
Join fellow needle artists for Stitch N' Pitch Day at Busch Stadium on September 30th when the Cardinals battle the Nationals! Bring your knitting, stitching, quilting or other fiber arts projects to the game. Meet other enthusiasts all while enjoying Cardinals baseball. Discounted 3rd Base Loge tickets are available for just $25 and can be purchased at cardinals.com/stitch.
Social Media Night at Busch
Back by popular demand, the St. Louis Cardinals and Budweiser Present a second Social Media Night at Busch Stadium Tuesday, October 2. If you "like" the Cardinals on Facebook or Twitter, you'll be sure to like this event! For just $20 fans will receive a Left Field Porch Ticket, $5 in Cards Cash, access to a pre-game program featuring current Cardinals and giveaways and prizes. Whether you're a social media rookie or an All-Star, fans of all ages will enjoy the opportunity to interact with their favorite tweeting players at 5:45 pm in the Budweiser Bowtie Bar. To purchase your ticket, visit cardinals.com/socialmedianight.
New Cardinals Magazine Available Now
The new issue of Cardinals Magazine is now on sale at Busch Stadium and online at cardinals.com/publications. In this issue: Yadier Molina, Baseball's best all-around catcher; Postcards from Hollywood: Cards fan and star of The Office, Jenna Fischer; Lance Berkman weighs his future; Two plays, two defining moments: Glenn Brummer & Tom Lawless; and The old-school presence of bullpen coach Dyar Miller.
2012 Cardinals Yearbook On Sale Now!
The 2012 Cardinals Yearbook presents the definitive collection of gold-standard moments that define the franchise’s Fall Classic legacy. Complemented by striking action photos and studio portraits of all the 2012 Cardinals, this season’s Yearbook is a must-have keepsake for Cardinals fans of all ages! The 2012 Yearbook is now on sale at all Busch Stadium gates and team store for just $15. You can also purchase this publication by calling 314.345.9303, or by visiting cardinals.com/publications, area grocers, Cardinals Clubhouse stores, QT, Walgreens and other local retailers.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2011 Replica Ring Collection
Don’t miss your chance to own the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals World Championship replica ring collection! This historical collection features replicas of all eleven world championship rings set in a finely-crafted wooden display case. The 2011 replica ring collection is a must-have for sports collectors and Cardinals fans everywhere. To reserve your historical replica ring collection today, simply visit The Post-Dispatch Store. Hurry, quantities are limited so don’t miss your chance to own a piece of Cardinals history with the 2011 Replica Ring Collection!
Cardinals Green Team
Last year, as part of the “4 A Greener Game” initiative, The Cardinals Green Team diverted over 535 tons of materials from local landfills. The Green Team is a group of volunteers who walk down the aisles of the seating bowl in-between innings collecting recyclables from fans and promoting recycling at Busch Stadium. In exchange for their services, volunteers are able to watch the game in standing room only sections of Busch Stadium, as collections are only done in-between innings and during pitching changes so as not to disturb fans trying to watch the game. To volunteer or learn more, visit cardinals.com/green.
Salute the Troops
Looking for a way to honor military members and veterans? Salute your troops on the scoreboard at Busch! Similarly to the way that fans can request displayed birthday messages (cardinals.com/birthdays), fans can now submit a scoreboard message to salute members of the military who are attending the game. Fans can log onto cardinals.com/salute, and submit a request 48 hours prior to the game date. Military salutes run beginning in the top of the 5th inning on the narrow ribbon scoreboards located along the 1st and 3rd base foul lines. Submit a free message today to salute your troops.
Cave Dwelling – Be Sure to Cast Your Vote for our Cardinals Cave Dweller Kyle Thompson!
In its second year, the redesigned MLB Fan Cave hosts fan events, concerts, MLB player and celebrity appearances, as well as nine Cave Dwellers who are attempting to watch every game of the 2012 MLB season while. Along the way, online fans will help decide who gets to stay in the MLB Fan Cave and who gets eliminated, with one eventual winner crowned before the end of the World Series. This year, Cardinals fan and Oklahoma native Kyle Thompson is vying for your votes as he hopes to be the “last fan standing.” Support Cardinals fan and cave dweller Kyle Thompson by following him on Facebook (facebook.com/KyleOKC) and Twitter (@KyleOKC), and by voting.
Cardinals Social Media
Join the Cardinals throughout the season on a variety of social media platforms including Twitter (@Cardinals), Facebook (facebook.com/cardinals), Instagram (Cardinals), Pinterest (pinterest.com/cardinalsmlb), Tumblr (stlcardinals) and Google + (St. Louis Cardinals). Fans will get an inside look at the team, exclusive promotions and giveaways, breaking club news, behind-the-scenes photos, videos and much more. For more info, and a list of verified player twitter accounts, visit cardinals.com/connect.
- Facebook Fridays with Fredbird: Come spend time with Fredbird and Team Fredbird every Friday with Facebook Fridays with Fredbird. Each week Fredbird will appear in somewhere within Cardinals Nation to give away a select number of free tickets or other free items on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to join the fun. To find out where Fredbird will be each week follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/cardinals and on Twitter @Cardinals.
Fans will want to stop by the Cardinals Authentics store in Ford Plaza, the only place to get official, game-used, limited edition and autographed Cardinals memorabilia directly from the team. New this year are a number of exciting 2011 World Championship themed items, as well as items commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the 1982 World Championship. Fans can now order an engraved bat from Louisville Slugger, the official bat of MLB. Cardinals Authentics has a variety of items to fit every budget.
Exclusive 2011 World Series Champions Fan Jewelry Collection
Fans can now celebrate the St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Championship with the Fan Collection—crafted by Jostens, the same jewelers who created the team ring. Jostens master jewelers are experts in the art of storytelling through intricate designs that are timeless symbols of achievement and inspiration. Combining artistry with innovative technology, every piece of the 2011 World Series Champions Fan Collection is crafted with passion and creativity. To order, call 855.WC.RINGS or visit cardinals.com/rings. Many items from the collection, which includes rings, necklaces, cufflinks, money clips and more, are on sale at the Team Store at 8th and Clark. All items will be made to order; however, a limited number of posters, key rings and paperweights will be available for immediate purchase.
- AAA Member Discount: Members of the Automobile Association of America (AAA) receive a $10 discount off tickets to most Monday through Thursday home games. For details, visit cardinals.com/aaa.
- Group Value Nights: Bring your group of 25 or more to the ballpark on select nights, and save up to 50% off the gate price! For details, visit cardinals.com/groupvalue.
- Fill up at Phillips 66: Fill up with 10 gallons or more at your participating Phillips 66 and receive a special ticket offer for select games throughout the 2012 season. Details at cardinals.com/phillips66.
- Cardinals/Six Flags Double Play Combo: Each Double Play Combo includes a ticket to a 2012 Cardinals game and one single-day admission to Six Flags for only $55! It’s your ticket for a summer full of family fun. Double Play Combos may be purchased at cardinals.com/sixflags or 314-345-9000.
- Hunter Family Sundays: On most Sundays, fans who purchase individual tickets in RF Terrace or LF/RF Pavilion will receive a Hunter hot dog and a Coca-Cola.
- KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets: The Cardinals are pleased to team up with KMOX 1120 to offer the KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets. At 9 a.m. on the day of each game, fans may purchase a voucher good for two tickets to that day’s game for a total cost of $11.20 ($5.60 per ticket). The voucher may be redeemed for tickets 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. The tickets may be anywhere in the park, depending on availability.
- North Star Ice Cream Sundays: All Sundays, starting two hours prior to every home game, enjoy games, prizes and free North Star frozen treats (while supplies last) in the Ford Plaza.
- Dynamic Deals of the Week: The Cardinals’ value-based dynamic pricing system allows them to offer outstanding ticket savings to fans throughout the season. Special values will be highlighted each Monday as part of the “Dynamic Deals of the Week” promotion. Since the launch of dynamic pricing last season, 80% of games were priced lower in 2011 than 2010, with two-thirds of the games having tickets priced for $10 or less. A third of the games had tickets available for only $5. Fans can sign up to receive weekly Dynamic Deal emails at cardinals.com or by visiting the Cardinals on Facebook and Twitter. This week, fans can purchase RF/LF Box for just $21 per ticket, Lower RF/LF Box for $25, 1st/3rd Field Box for only $33 and Infield Field Box for $55 vs. the Astros on Sept. 18, 19 & 20.
- For a full listing of all the fan-friendly ticket values in 2012, visit cardinals.com/values.
Cardinals in the Community
Cardinals Care, the team’s charitable foundation, is celebrating 15-years of supporting children. Since 1997 Cardinals Care has invested nearly $18 million in “Caring for Kids” both on and off the baseball field. Cardinals Care has provided nearly $11 million in grants to over 800 non-profit youth organizations and built 19 youth ball fields in local disadvantaged neighborhoods.
Cardinals Care also runs Redbird Rookies, a free baseball league for kids who otherwise might not have the opportunity to play. In addition to providing all the uniforms, gloves, bats, balls and other equipment needed for each team, Redbird Rookies also provides extensive off-field support in the areas of health, education, mentoring and the cultural arts for each of the nearly 4,500 kids who participate in the program each year. The organization holds several events throughout the homestand:
- Papa John’s Pizza is offering a Cardinals Win Special: All season long, you can use the Promo Code: CARDSWIN at Papajohns.com every day after the Cardinals win for 40% OFF! Papa John's will also donate 10% of every CARDSWIN order to the Siteman Cancer Center.
- Rawlings Replay: Throughout the season, fans are encouraged to donate new or gently used baseball and softball equipment at special bins located throughout Busch Stadium, as part of “Rawlings Replay.” Established in 2011, “Rawlings Replay,” supports Redbird Rookies, the flagship program of Cardinals Care, which provides disadvantaged youth with the opportunity to play baseball for free, as well as a variety of other support services. Fans are also encouraged to donate at St. Louis area Johnny Mac’s locations and receive a special discount in-store on new Rawlings products. Members of the Cardinals Kids Club (cardinals.com/kidsclub) receive an additional voucher, good for two tickets to a 2012 game, if donations are made at Johnny Mac’s.