07/04/2011 1:01 PM ET
Homestand Highlights (Monday, July 4 - Sunday, July 10)
Busch Bash and Six Flags Day among the highlights of the seven-game homestand
St. Louis – The Cardinals return to Busch Stadium from a six-game interleague road trip that took the team to Baltimore (3-0) for the first time in the regular season and down to Tampa Bay (1-2) for just the second meeting between the teams at Tropicana Field. This homestand the Cardinals will play host to 2010 Central Division Champions, the Cincinnati Reds then host a four-game series with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The homestand is highlighted by the Busch Bash autograph signing with former Cardinals outfielder Tito Landrum on Friday, July 8 and Six Flags Day on Sunday, July 10.
Monday, July 4, 2011 (Independence Day)-Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (5:15 p.m.)
- Up in the Sky: The United States Army BlackDaggers will parachute into Busch Stadium pregame. The Black Daggers are the official U.S. Army Special Operations Command Parachute Demonstration Team.
- MLBPAA Auctions: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association will conduct a baseball-themed silent auction inside Gate 3 from the time gates open (3:15 p.m.) through the seventh inning. All proceeds will benefit the Players Alumni Association, a non-profit group that strives to preserve the game of baseball and support a variety of charities.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011-Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (6:09 p.m.)
- Game Time Change: Tonight's game time has been changed from 7:15 p.m. to 6:09 p.m. as the contest has been selected by ESPN to be televised nationally outside of the local St. Louis television market. Fans in the St. Louis market will be able to watch the game on Fox Sports Midwest.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011-Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:15 p.m.)
- Battle at Busch: Busch Stadium is proud to host the fourth 2011 Battle at Busch in conjunction with Mozingo Music and 105.7 The Point. The 2011 schedule features 17 local bands over the course of six nights, at six different Cardinals' home games out in Ford Plaza. Tonight's bands will be Between the Rivers, Emmaus Band and Silent Uprising. Bands will begin performing 30 minutes after the gates open with each act given 20 minutes to perform. Each band will be judged on a point system by Mozingo Music and 105.7 The Point. The top three scoring bands of the summer will be invited back to play on September 7th in the "Battle At Busch" finals for the grand prize package consisting of a $1,057 store credit to Mozingo Music, an in-studio interview on 105.7 The Point, and the special opportunity to take the field before a Cardinals home game for a ceremony and the opportunity to throw out an honorary pitch.
- Ice Mountain Autograph Night: Fans ages 20 and under can get current players autographs before the game from 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., immediately following all fans can get autographs from Cardinals alumni from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- MLBPAA Auctions: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association will conduct a baseball-themed silent auction inside Gate 3 from the time gates open (5:15 p.m.) through the seventh inning. All proceeds will benefit the Players Alumni Association, a non-profit group that strives to preserve the game of baseball and support a variety of charities.
Thursday, July 7, 2011-Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (7:15 p.m.)
- Cardinals Care and Children's Hospital Scratchers Program: Volunteers will be selling scratch-off tickets throughout the stadium during tonight's game with various prizes donated by St. Louis area businesses, including Cardinals tickets and several items from Cardinals concessionaire, Sportservice. The kick-off event for a program that will run throughout the month of July will continue with other St. Louis area retail locations selling the scratchers. All proceeds benefit Children's Hospital and Cardinals Care.
- MLB 4 ALS Night: The Cardinals will participate in the MLB 4 ALS Night at the Ballpark. The Cardinals provided complimentary tickets to the game for families who have been impacted by the disease most commonly referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease, while a ceremonial first pitch will draw attention to the fund-raising efforts to help find a cure.
Friday, July 8, 2011-Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (7:15 p.m.)
- Busch Bash in the Ford Plaza: Fans are able to participate in all the fun starting two hours before every Friday night home game. A great way to kick-start the weekend-there will be music, prizes and autographs by former or current Cardinals players. This week will feature former Cardinals outfielder Tito Landrum from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The first 200 fans in line are guaranteed an autograph. Players and schedules are subject to change. The recommended gate entrances for autographs are Gates 4, 5 and 6.
- Apple Vacations/ Dominican Republic Cardinals Luggage Tag Night: Tonight 25,000 fans ages 16 and older will receive a Cardinals luggage tag courtesy of Apple Vacations. Fans will be able to support the Cardinals this summer during all their travels with this unique luggage tag.
- Apple Vacations Getaway Friday: Apple Vacations will be giving one lucky fan a seven-day all inclusive vacation for two to the Dominican Republic.
Saturday, July 9, 2011-Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (6:15 p.m.)
Sunday, July 10, 2011-Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (1:15 p.m.)
- North Star Ice Cream Sunday: All fans can visit the Ford Plaza during pre-game for free frozen treats (while supplies last) sponsored by North Star. Bring the entire family to the plaza as there will be music and plenty of fun in addition to the delicious frozen desserts.
- Kids Run the Bases, sponsored by Prairie Farms: Following the game, fans 15 and under are able to realize every baseball fan's dream as they are invited to run the bases of Busch Stadium (weather permitting).
- Six Flags Day: All kids 48 inches and under receive a ticket for free admission to Six Flags Amusement Park. Families can kick off the summer right by enjoying Cardinals baseball today and a day of fun and excitement at Six Flags when the Cardinals are on the road.
- Hunter Family Sunday: Fans who purchase individual tickets in the Terrace level receive a coupon for a FREE Hunter Hot Dog and a Coca-Cola.
Joplin Relief Efforts
During the last homestand (June 17-26) Cardinals Care raised over $200,000 to assist the Joplin, Missouri relief efforts. Proceeds from broadcast and online auctions as well as individual donations will go to benefit the special Joplin Recovery Fund that will be distributed by Cardinals Care to assist youth in the area devastated by the May 22nd tornado. Fans can still help by donating online at cardinals.com/Joplin or by texting the word JOPLIN to 32020.
Cardinals Care Stadium Auctions
Every Tuesday and Friday, fans can get the unique opportunity to bid on exclusive autographed Cardinals memorabilia. The auction is a great way for fans and collectors alike to obtain specialty Cardinals items while helping to support the programs that Cardinals Care provides to youth in the community. The auction tables will be located at Gate Three, on the first baseline concourse, outside the Cardinals Club, inside the Redbird Club and in section 452 of the Terrace level.
Dynamic Deals of the Week
The Cardinals new value-based dynamic pricing system allows the Cardinals to offer outstanding ticket savings to fans throughout the season. Special values are highlighted each Monday as part of the "Dynamic Deals of the Week" promotion. When single-game tickets went on sale to the public on February 28, 2011, more than 25 percent of games this season started as low as $5 for select ticket locations. The goals of value-based ticket pricing include broadening the ticket-buying fan base, rewarding fans for buying earlier in the season and protecting Season Ticket Holder value.
The deal for the week of Monday, July 4: Fans can purchase Pavilion level tickets for just $23 and Terrace level tickets for only $13 for Friday, July 8th and Sunday, July 10th.
2011 Yearbook: Order Today!
Celebrating the ultimate team of all-time Cardinals, the 2011 edition of this super-premium keepsake pays tribute to a definitive 25-man roster of Cardinals greats selected from 120 seasons of franchise history. Rare photos and revealing profiles spotlight each member of the team, with extended features on Stan Musial and Albert Pujols. This is a great celebration - and a great conversation-starter! The yearbook includes distinctive player pages that showcase each member of this season's club, with action photography from the team's official photographers. Yearbooks are available for just $15, plus $3 shipping and handling. Fans can purchase the yearbook and open a one-year subscription to Cardinals Magazine for a special rate of $47! To place an order today call 314.345.9303 or visit cardinals.com/publications.
2nd Annual Cardinals Care 6K
The second annual Cardinals Care 6K run is scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 18, 2011. There will be a limited number of participants, so those interested are encouraged to sign up now at cardinals.com/runhome. All participants have until September 11, 2011 to raise $150, which includes a $28 registration fee.
New Museum Displays in Official Cardinals Team Store
The Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum has installed two new exhibits in The Official Cardinals Team Store. Fans can view items from the careers of hall of famers Jesse Haines and Branch Rickey. The Haines case includes his 1920's warm-up sweater and a Billy Southworth-model bat that Haines used to hit a homerun in the 1926 World Series. The Rickey case features his 1919 road jersey worn while managing the club. These exhibits are located at the back of the store and compliment an existing exhibit showcasing Rogers Hornsby's 1933 home jersey.
Play Like a Cardinal
Monday through Thursday Special Ticket Offers
St. Louis Cardinals Alumni Kids Clinics teach baseball fundamentals to children in the St. Louis area and feature exclusive instruction by former Cardinals players and coaches. Boys and girls age 7-13 can learn throwing, hitting, catching, base-running and fielding from former Major League greats like John Mabry, Rick Horton and Kerry Robinson. Each participant will also receive a Cardinals goodie bag which includes a t-shirt, cap, two free game tickets and more. Sign your child up today at cardinals.com/clinics.
- Members of the Automobile Association of America (AAA) receive a $10 discount off the price of select tickets to most Monday through Thursday games.
- The Grand Slam Ticket Pack allows fans to purchase four Terrace level tickets, four hot dogs and four Coca-Colas for the special price of $60.
Road Trip with the Cardinals
Join the Cardinals on the road, August 19-21, with the official Cardinals road trip to Wrigley package. This is a unique opportunity for fans to cheer on their favorite redbirds at their rival's ballpark. The trip includes luxury accommodations at the Four Seasons in downtown Chicago, game tickets and a chance to mingle with Cardinals players in a special setting after the game. You can not experience the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry any other way! To reserve your spot today, visit cardinals.com/vacations or call 1-800-892-7687.
Cardinals Care and Rawlings Team Up
Fans are encouraged to donate new or gently used baseball and softball equipment at a special bin located in the US Cellular Family Pavilion in center field and for three games this season there will be bins to collect items placed at every Busch Stadium gate. All fans who make a donation will receive a 10 percent discount on Rawlings products at ShopRawlings.com. All members of the Cardinals Crew Kids Club presented by Rawlings will receive a 20 percent discount for donating. To sign up for the Kids Club, visit the kiosk in the Family Pavilion or go online at cardinals.com/kidsclub.
Phillips 66 Step Up to the Plate- Fill up with 10 gallons or more at participating Phillips 66 and receive a buy-one-get-one ticket offer for select games through June 30, 2011.
Cardinals/Six Flags Double Play Combo- fans can take advantage of a pair that just goes together in the summer in St. Louis. This combo pack includes one ticket to a 2011 Cardinals game and one single-day admission to Six Flags for just $55. For a full listing of all the fan friendly ticket values in 2011, visit cardinals.com/values
All 2011 Home Games
The Cardinals are pleased to team up with KMOX 1120 to offer the KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets. At 9 a.m. on the day of each game, fans may purchase a voucher for two tickets to that day's game for a total cost of $11.20 ($5.60 per ticket). The voucher may be redeemed for tickets 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. The tickets may be anywhere in the park, depending on availability.