Tri-Cape won the 10th Annual Softball Carpenter Cup defeating Jersey Shore 6-4 in the final game of the day. Tri-Cape first had to win the play-in game, a marathon 17-14 victory over Inter-Ac. They then had a decisive 11-3 win over undefeated Jersey Shore to force the if necessary game. This is Tri-Cape's first Championship. They were runner's up in last year's tournament.
The purpose of the Softball Carpenter Cup is to give the best high school players in the tri-state area the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of college scouts. The hope is that this tournament, like the baseball Carpenter Cup Classic, will be a catalyst for many players to receive scholarships or admission to some of the country's finest universities. The inaugural tournament was played in June of 2005 and Delaware South (Gold) claimed the first title.
1. There are 16 Softball Carpenter Cup franchises representing 17 leagues. They are:
2. Each franchise can carry and play up to 17 players.
3. Pitchers can pitch a maximum of four innings in a regulation game. If the game extends into extra innings, the inning cap is lifted.
1. The Softball Carpenter Cup Executive Committee will determine rules of play. Franchises will not be able to question rules or rulings made by the Committee at any time.
2. The tournament will be a double elimination tournament. This means that if, in the championship round, the team from the winners bracket loses to the team from the losers bracket, a deciding game must be played.
3. All games will be 7 innings and Federation rules will be followed. With the exception of the following:
4. The international tiebreaker is in effect if the game is tied after the seventh inning.
5. There is no mercy rule in the Carpenter Cup.
6. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and the home team is leading after four and a half innings or if the away team is leading after five innings the game will be considered a complete game.
7. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and four and a half or five innings, depending on who is leading, have not been played, the game will be considered suspended and resume at the point of suspension.
Home teams are displayed in italics.
|Monday, June 22|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 1)||Philadelphia Public v. Delaware County||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 2)||Mercer v. Chester County||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 3)||Berks County/LL v. Delaware North||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 4)||Olympic Colonial v. Tri-Cape||6|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 5)||Winner Game 1 v. Winner Game 2||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 6)||Loser Game 1 v. Loser Game 2||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 7)||Winner Game 3 v. Winner Game 4||5|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 8)||Loser Game 3 v. Loser Game 4||6|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 9)||Winner Game 5 v. Winner Game 7||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 10)||Winner Game 6 v. Winner Game 8||6|
|Tuesday, June 23|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 11)||SOL BAL v. Inter-AC||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 12)||Philadelphia Catholic v. Burlington County||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 13)||Jersey Shore v. Mid-Penn||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 14)||Delaware South v. Lehigh Valley||6|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 15)||Winner Game 11 v. Winner Game 12||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 16)||Loser Game 11 v. Loser Game 12||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 17)||Winner Game 13 v. Winner Game 14||5|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 18)||Loser Game 13 v. Loser Game 14||6|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 19)||Winner Game 15 v. Winner Game 17||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 20)||Winner Game 16 v. Winner Game 18||6|
|Wednesday, June 24|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 21)||Loser Game 5 v. Loser 7||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 22)||Loser Game 15 v. Loser Game 17||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 23)||Winner Game 21 v. Winner Game 22||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 24)||Winner Game 10 v. Winner Game 20||6|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 25)||Winner Game 9 v. Winner Game 19||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 26)||Loser Game 9 v. Winner Game 24||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 27)||Loser Game 19 v. Winner Game 23||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 28)||Winner Game 26 v. Winner Game 27||5|
|Thursday, June 25|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 29)||Loser Game 25 v. Winner Game 28||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 30)||Winner Game 25 v. Winner Game 29||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 31)||If necessary||5|
Rain Dates June 29 and 30.
All games will be played at the Softball Fields in FDR Park.
For more information regarding the Softball Carpenter Cup, e-mail email@example.com or call 215.463.1000.