Cardinals Care Grants
The 2017 Summer Grant Cycle is now closed.
The Winter Grant Cycle will open in November.
Cardinals Care is excited to announce a more user-friendly process for applying!
Thank you for your interest in Cardinals Care, the team's community foundation. In order to qualify for consideration for a grant, the following criteria must be met by your organization:
- Serve or support youths under 20 years old
- Operate in "Cardinals Country"
- Be a 501 (c) (3) with a Federal tax exempt letter
- Must be up and running as a 501 (c) (3) for a least 1 year
- Budget for entire organization should not exceed $2,000,000
- Administration/fundraising expenses should not exceed 30% of total budget
- As noted below, if your organization previously received a Cardinals Care grant, you must attach both a) a copy of the acknowledgement letter informing you of your grant and b) a copy of the receipt(s) for the purchase(s) the grant funded.
Each year Cardinals Care has two grant cycles (spring and summer), as follows:
- Spring - The Summer cycle is currently closed.
- After a completed application is electronically received, you will receive an email notifying you of the mandatory next steps and additional documents needed before the deadline. Once ALL of the information has been reviewed, and approved for further evaluation, a Cardinals Care representative will call to schedule a visit. If your organization submits an application for the spring grant cycle, you will be contacted beginning in March, with allocation announcements sent in April and funds distributed in late April. If your organization submits an application for the summer grant cycle, you will be contacted beginning in late July or early August, with allocation announcements sent in late August and funds distributed in mid-September.
- If an application is incomplete or missing pertinent information, the new electronic system will not allow your application to be submitted.
- Organizations can only apply and receive funding once a year.
As part of our focus from this year forward, consideration for regular grant cycle grants will only be given to funding requests for:
- tangible items
- special supplies or purchases
Average amount for a cash grant from Cardinals Care is between $1,000 to $3,000, subject to available funds.
- Annual program costs or salaries
- Operating expenses
- Fundraising event sponsorships (golf, walks/runs, dinner galas, etc.)
- Scholarships/Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledges
The 2017 Spring Grant Cycle is now closed.
Check back later this year for the next grant cycle.
The deadline for submission of the summer application is Friday, June 30, 2017. In addition to your online application, your required documents must either be emailed to email@example.com by EOB on June 30th or postmarked and in the mail by this date. Please mail to:
Attn: Michael Hall
700 Clark Street
St. Louis, MO 63102
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Cardinals Care at (314) 345-9418 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest and look forward to working with you.
Cardinals Care and Community Relations