Join the Green Team!
Help to make a difference!
The 2011 season was an exhilarating time for everyone in Cardinal Nation! A big THANK YOU to all who participated and helped make the season a success. With your help, we were able to divert over 535 tons of materials from local landfills. Your World Champion St. Louis Cardinals would like to invite you to be an important part of what is sure to be an exciting 2012!
Once again, we are looking for friendly volunteers from local colleges, community organizations, church groups - even friends and families - to join the "4 A Greener Game" initiative and help collect recyclables from fans throughout each game at Busch Stadium.
The Green Team is a group of volunteers who walk down the aisles of the seating bowl in-between innings collecting recyclables from fans and promoting recycling at Busch Stadium. Volunteers are asked to arrive an hour prior to game time for a brief training session. Recycling collection begins in the 2nd inning, continues throughout the game and ends 15 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
In exchange for your services, you're able to watch the game in standing room only sections of Busch Stadium, as collections are only done in-between innings and during pitching changes so as not to disturb fans trying to watch the game.
- 1. Is there an age limit to participate? No, there is no age limit to participate. However, children 15 and under need to be accompanied by adult chaperones. All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver form. Minors (17 and under) will need a parent or guardian to fill out their waiver form for them.
- 2. How many volunteers are needed for each game? A maximum of 40 volunteers are needed for each game.
- 3. Can I volunteer for more than one game? Yes. We encourage you to volunteer for multiple games.
- 4. Can I sign up individually or do I need to sign up with a group? We welcome both individual volunteers and groups of volunteers.
- 5. Is parking provided? Parking is not provided. However, we do encourage volunteers to take public transportation or car pool to minimize the impact on the environment.
- 6. Do I need a ticket? No, you do not need a ticket, but all volunteers must be pre-registered with Tony Valleroy. On the date you are scheduled, report to the Employee Entrance at 404 S. 8th Street to check in. It is located just south of Gate 3 and the Stan Musial Statue.
- 7. Do I need to bring anything? No, all supplies are provided (gloves, bags and a vest identifying you as a Green Team volunteer) for you.
- 8. Will volunteering count towards my community service hours? Yes, we can provide a letter verifying your community service hours upon request.
- 9. Is there an area in the stadium where our company's name would appear, recognizing us as volunteers? Groups can be recognized on the scoreboard during the game as an added benefit.