Credentials will be issued to only legitimate newsgathering agencies and must be worn in a visible manner at all times.
All requests for credentials should be made by the assigning editor or news/sports director online at least 48 hours prior to the event here.
Credentials are issued to working members of the press; no spouses, guests, or children of press members will be issued passes, and credentials are not transferable.
1. Enter your affiliate's username and password. If you do not have a username or password- simply click Register at the bottom of the log-in page, enter your affiliate ID number and complete all required fields. After you have completed this step, the proper information will be emailed to you shortly. If you do not have a Major League Baseball issued affiliate ID, one will be provided for you by the St. Louis Cardinals Communications Department (see contacts at end).
2. Once you gain access to the site, select the St. Louis Cardinals from the list of 30 MLB teams. Then select Apply to St. Louis Cardinals Event.
3. You should see the following screen:
Once here, you will see - Event Date: Select
From here click the drop down arrow and select the date of the event in which you wish to apply.
*Note- the Cardinals do not issue media "season passes". Therefore, if you would like credentials for an entire series or homestand, you must apply to all games individually.
4. Once you have selected the specific date for the game you wish to be credentialed, the screen will refresh and available member names will appear in the manage members section at the bottom of the screen.
5. Simply highlight the name of the person to be credentialed for the event by clicking once on their name and title. Then click the right arrow button in the middle of the screen to add the person's name to the selected members area, this is the list of those who seeking access to the event.
*Note- the St. Louis Cardinals require a photo ID from all media members before the online application can be completed. You can upload photos to the site by double clicking the members name in the Member Management section and scrolling to the include photo field.
*Photo must be 1" X 1" hi-resolution photo in jpeg format.
Photos must resemble a passport photo and should be no less than 150 dpi(dots per inch).
Photo must be named using the first initial and last name of the individual in the photo (ex. MJones.jpg).
Photo must be less than 1MB in size.
6. When you have moved all personnel that are seeking access to the event scroll to the bottom of the page and click submit to apply for credentials.
*Note- when submit is selected the date will be locked and you will not be able to add/delete names from the list. If you are unsure of the amount of members who will need access click save and this will save the names you have selected. Once you have resolved all members that are in need of credentials you can return to the date, edit the page and click submit to apply for the event.
7. Your request will be reviewed by the Cardinals Media Relations Department and you will receive a confirmation email once your status has been confirmed.
1. In order to manage your affiliations information (name, address, media type, description, etc.) click the Affiliation Management tab at the top of the screen.
2. Once you have reached this screen you can manage your members efficiently.
This screen will allow you to not only update information regarding your company, but it will also allow you to add and remove members, add and remove affiliate managers and update all member information such as title and photos (two essential aspects to the Cardinals credential approval process).
Contacts for Credentialing to St. Louis Cardinals Events: